Sunday, October 09, 2005

thanksgiving

Usually this is my favourite holiday. I love the fall air, the changing colours of the trees and I like the fact that we get together as family but it isn't centred around gifts. I try to be thankful everyday because I know that I am very very fortunate. I have a wonderful family, a great husband, a beautiful daughter and incredible friends. Many people are not nearly as fortunate.

Although this has been a hard couple of months with things with my mom, I must say how thankful I am to still have her here and I pray that she will be with us for many more holidays. My hope is that Abigail will be able to remember her grandma. I remember so well growing up with Nana and Poppy on the farm and how special it was having them there. Steve and I have talked a lot about my parents living with us or beside us if they sell the farm. We just haven't talked to them about it. I imagine the farm will be sold before the year is out though.

Steve, Abbi and I went for a nice walk yesterday. It was the perfect fall temperature. We put a hat on Abbi to make sure she wasn't too cold. She looked so cute. Adria and Dan came over for dinner and then we played Poker...it was great. Today we will go to church and then I think we are going to watch a movie this afternoon. Tuesday I am getting together with Bree. Should be fun

No comments: