Sunday, November 27, 2005

I met Lilly today. It was funny but seeing Cate as a mom made it even more real to me that I am a mother. This isn't a phase, it isn't something that will ever change. I am and now always will be a mom. That is such a strange concept for me. I am not sure that I ever really truly believed that I would be a mom. I am enjoying it but it sure does play with one's mind. Especially since I used to be such a commitment phobe. I still remember how Dan Taylor and I used to joke that we would end up together because our first marriages would fail and we would end up growing old together. I know that was such a cynical view to have and I honestly don't know why I used to feel that way. My parents never divorced. I knew very few parents who did and I don't plan on ever doing it either now that I am married. I guess there was a time I thought it was romantic.

Yes, today was the first time the four of us were together (Cate, Peter, Adria and me) with Lilly and Abbi. It truly does mark a new era. Getting married is one thing but kids and babies are a whole different ball game.

Abbi is doing really well. She is sitting on her own and is eating solids like crazy. She has had an ear infection but other then that she is great. It is getting to be more fun and the mystery of each day is beginning to grow on me. Sometimes it still gets to me but on the whole I think I am easing into it more and more...

No comments: