Sunday, November 13, 2005

baptism

Today was Abbi's baptism. It went well and she was a doll but man am I glad it is over. I haven't been sleeping well for a week just because I have been thinking about it. I think part of it is fear of being judged by my family for the church I choose to attend. And part of it is getting worked up about having company over. I worry that not everyone will be taken care of and I can't help out as much because of Abbi. I have hostess fear. Strange. It stems from the service industry when serving is your job and you are responsible for taking care of everything but when I entertain at home I treat it as if I am a server, instead of relaxing and letting people help themselves etc...

Joan is here. It is nice to see her. She stayed with us last night and will again on Wednesday before heading back to Calgary. She is at the farm with my parents tonight, tomorrow and Tuesday night.

I am sure she will be great company for mom. Mom did really well today. She looked great and enjoyed seeing Abbi all dressed up in her gown. I think I am going to get a portrait done of Abbi in her gown. I have an appointment for her on Dec. 9th.

Can't wait to get some sleep tonight - I hope I sleep soundly although Abbi has a cold.

No comments: