Sunday, November 20, 2005

growing up

I thought I would write some thoughts on the end of breastfeeding. It seems as though my body has decided that the end is here. I am sad because I didn't want to stop just yet but a number of events have led to this. In some strange way I feel like a failure but I also know that rationally, Abbi had a good run at it and she was able to get the benefits that breastfeeding offers. If we have another baby I will try to nurse a little while longer but if they like sleeping at night as much as Abbi does then I might have the same issue.

Why do I have all of these emotions around BF? I know it is normal to feel this way but it doesn't change things...It is strange because when I started breastfeeding I wasn't sure I wanted to continue because of all the troubles but you soon forget that and only remember the calm and quiet times. I know...we can still have those times but it is just different.

a little sad tonight.

No comments: