Monday, September 08, 2008

A struggle

The last month has been a struggle. I think we tried to do too much. We went to Tony's and that weekend went well but everything after that was rocky. We had a few weeks of really bad sleep, no regular naps etc... and Lucas and I were both struggling. Last week after a weekend at the chalet where no one got much sleep I decided we needed a week or so at home to get back on track. Last week we were home much of the week and things have improved. I am feeling more human again and Lucas is napping and sleeping better. Now though he won't go to bed before 9:30pm...that kind of sucks because Steve and I don't see each other.

I think I might have a bit of PPD. I met with a woman last week to talk about it and am seeking some more support. I must say I feel a lot better than last week but still feel a bit defeated. I am irritable all the time and lack fun in my life. I am working on the fun factor.

Hopefully I can pull myself out of this slump soon. It is tough on all of us. It makes me miss mom even more though. It would be so great to have her here, to talk to, to hang out with, to go for lunch with etc....Mom you know I love you and miss you!

No comments: