Monday, December 17, 2007

Had to share..

I belong to a motherless daughter's group and one of the women shared these thoughts online. I thought they were beautiful

IN HER FOOTSTEPS

When I think of my Mom, I see her doing cartwheels in our front yard when I was a child,I see her staying up to the wee hours of the night patiently sewing pearls on a homemade gown for my first formal dance in highschool, I see her before her easel in our basement painting colorfull scenes and faces of places and people she would never visit, I see her so tenderly holding her first of three granddaughters with
pure love and wonderment on her face, I see her at the beach with her granddaughters chasing the small waves laughing at their shrieks of delight, I see her fighting to come back to us after terrible strokes with her quiet determination, I see her now frail arms holding her first great granddaughter, not wanting to let go ever, not wanting that sweet moment end, I see her carefully standing with her walker as her
oldest grandson ran to her yelling "grandma!", and yes I see that suddenly still face , never to say "Hi honey" to me again, to wink at me as my Dad says something outrageous again, to smile that speacial smile only grandmothers share in joy as we watched another generation before us.

God grant me the grace, the strength, the laughter, the kindness, the patience,and love that her face wore all those years we had together, that I may in some small way walk in her footsteps.

No comments: